Homemade granola is so much easier to make than one might think! So stop buying those prepackaged, overpriced bags of granola at the grocery store and get out your mixing bowls. Everything is mixed together, dumped onto a baking sheet and baked until golden brown and crunchy. Sounds super easy, right? That’s because it is! The best part about making your own granola is that you can customize it to your preferences. Don’t have dried blueberries on hand? Why not throw in a handful of dried cranberries? Almonds not your favorite nut? No problem, throw in some pecans! You can even substitute the coconut oil for regular unsalted butter if you want. It is totally up to you! 🙂 Packed with crunchy oats, toasted nuts, healthy seeds, coconut and dried blueberries that will keep you going throughout your day. Try it sprinkled over yogurt, eaten by the handful, or even with a splash of milk. 😀
One Year Ago: Lattice-Top Peach Pie
Two Years Ago: Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Blueberry Coconut Granola
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3/4 cup dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large bowl combine oats, coconut, almonds, pepitas, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and flax seed; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine coconut oil, syrup, vanilla and coconut extract. Pour over the oat mixture; stir until well combined. Spread the mixture into a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until granola is golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Stir in dried blueberries. Let cool completely before storing. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Yields: about 5 cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 35 minutes
Source: adapted from Two Pea’s & Their Pod
**Don’t forget that I will be launching a new website design on August 31! Those of you that are wordpress.com subscribers, unfortunately your subscriptions will not transfer over when I make the move. Make sure you sign up for my RSS feed so you don’t miss a single recipe! If you currently subscribe by email, you don’t have to do a thing…you will still continue to get recipe updates straight to your inbox!