Fluffy banana pancakes packed with mashed banana and topped with toasted pecans and sliced bananas. Pancakes are one of those breakfast foods that I am constantly craving but only make when we have company. Otherwise, it could get ugly! 😉 Luckily for me, my parents are visiting us from Columbus, Ohio and it seemed like the perfect opportunity to indulge in my pancake cravings. Lately my pregnancy cravings for pancakes have been a little out of control (along with cravings for everything under the sun!)! So when I found out my parents were coming to visit, I pulled out this recipe for banana pancakes that I had been holding onto forever it seems. These pancakes turned out super delicious and were the perfect way to start our day!
One Year Ago: Raspberry Lemon Scones
Two Years Ago: Hawaiian Chicken
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 banana, sliced
- In medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and banana; set aside.
- Make a well in center of the dry ingredients; pour in milk mixture and whisk very gently until just combined (a few lumps should remain). Do not over mix.
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes; add 1 teaspoon oil and brush to coat skillet bottom evenly. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto 3 spots on skillet. Cook pancakes until large bubbles begin to appear, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Using thin, wide spatula, flip pancakes and cook until golden brown on second side, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes longer. Serve immediately, and repeat with remaining batter, using remaining vegetable oil only if necessary. Top with toasted pecans and sliced bananas.
Yields: 12 pancakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 15 minutes
Source: adapted from Allrecipes