If you have been searching for a patriotic and fun recipe to make for the 4th of July, listen up! These festive Patriotic Red, White and Blue Cake balls are certain to be a hit! If you have never tried a cake ball before, you are really missing out. Everything you love about cake is right in this bite, plus it is covered in white chocolate-double yum! Making cake balls couldn’t be easier either. My favorite part is decorating these delicious little bites. I got a little carried away making these the other day and accidentally dropped some sprinkles into my white chocolate. About halfway though dipping the balls, the once bright white chocolate started to turn a blueish tint from the sprinkles. So lesson learned, don’t sprinkle the sprinkles right next to the melted chocolate! Nobody seemed to mind while they were eating them though, just really pour on those sprinkles to hide the mistake if it happens to you too! 😉
One Year Ago: Marinated Baked Pork Chops
Patriotic Red, White and Blue Cake Balls
- 1 (18.25 ounce) white cake mix
- Blue and Red Icing Color
- 1 (16 ounce) container cream cheese frosting
- 1 (16 ounce) package white chocolate bark
- 1 cup red, white, and blue sprinkles
- Grease the bottom and sides of two 9-inch round baking pans.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the directions on the box. Divide the batter into two separate bowls and color one bowl of batter blue and the other red.
- Pour the blue cake batter into one prepared pan and the red cake batter in the second prepared cake pan. Bake according to the directions on the box. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Crumble the blue cake into one large bowl and the red cake in another large bowl. Divide the frosting evenly between the two bowls. Mix the cake and the frosting until completely combined.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Roll a heaping tablespoon of dough into a 1½-inch ball and place it on the prepared baking sheet. Place in refrigerator until firm, several hours.
- Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
- Working about 4 balls at a time, dip balls in white chocolate using a spoon or a dipping fork and place on prepared baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle with sprinkles. Keep the undipped balls in the refrigerator until ready to dip.
- Once you have covered all the balls in white chocolate, place in the refrigerator until the chocolate coating is set.
Yields: 45-50 cake balls
Source: adapted from Red Velvet Cake Balls