With the 4th of July just around the corner, have you planned your cookout menu yet? If not, I have you covered with this delicious pasta salad! This crowd pleasing summer pasta salad is a quick and easy choice not only for the 4th of July, but for any summer cookout or get-together. Whole wheat pasta, fresh vegetables, feta cheese, and pepperoni are tossed with a homemade Greek dressing that is just begging to be served at your next summer party. Definitely make this pasta salad the night before you plan to serve it because the flavors only intensify and get better. 🙂
One Year Ago: Crunchy Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Greek Pasta Salad
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons basil dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
For the Salad:
- 1 pound whole grain rotini pasta cooked according to package directions
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup Kalamata olives, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 1 (6-ounce) package of sliced pepperoni, cut in half
- In a two-cup measuring cup, olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, basil, oregano, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and sugar. Whisk well to combine.
- n a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, tomatoes, cucumber, bell peppers, olives, 1 cup of feta cheese and pepperoni.
- Reserve ½ cup of dressing and place in the refrigerator. Toss the pasta salad with the rest of the dressing until evenly coated. Cover, and chill overnight.
- Right before serving, freshen the salad with the reserved dressing and remaining ½ cup of feta cheese, tossing to coat.
Source: adapted from My Baking Addiction