Thank you so much for the kind words for yesterday’s post. Andrew and I are very excited to start this next chapter in our lives! 🙂 Today I have for you a refreshing Blueberry Lemonade that’s perfect for quenching your thirst this summer. Summertime for me means lots of backyard barbeques with plenty of cool drinks. Since I can no longer enjoy an ice cold beer, sangria, or cocktail in this sweltering heat, I have been making plenty of lemonade and caffeine free iced tea. A girl can only stand to drink so much water you know! 😉 I found this recipe for blueberry lemonade on the US Highbush Blueberry Council’s website after a desperate search for a new thirst quencher. Just once sip and I knew this would be my official drink of summer! I can only imagine how refreshing this drink would be with sparkling water and maybe some frozen blueberries as ice cubes. And if you aren’t in the middle of a summertime pregnancy like me, add a splash of vodka to that pitcher!
One Year Ago: No Bake Cookies and Cream Bars
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 4″ strip of lemon zest
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 lemon, sliced
- In a 2 cup glass measuring cup, combine the sugar, 1/4 cup of the blueberries, lemon zest and 1/2 cup water. Microwave on high until boiling, about 1-2 minutes. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a 1 quart serving container, pressing on solids with back of a spoon.
- Add the lemon juice and enough water to make 1 quart. Taste and adjust to your preferences. If the lemonade is too sweet for your taste, add more lemon juice. If the lemonade is too strong for your taste, add more water.
- Chill well and stir to blend before serving, over ice if desired. Garnish with lemon slices and remaining blueberries.
Yields: 1 quart, serving 4
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Source: adapted from Blueberry Council