I am so excited that summer is right around the corner! It is by far my favorite season! Long warm nights, cookouts, and camping! I really think I need to go camping soon because I can’t get my mind off of a warm and gooey s’more. Seriously, there is nothing better than s’mores on a summer evening. Roasting a marshmallow until it is perfectly browned, or in my case burned and black. Yes, I admit, I am one of those people who stick the marshmallow straight into the fire and let it burn. A marshmallow torch is what I like to call it! 😉 Smashing that blackened marshmallow between graham crackers and chocolate is just one of my favorite parts of summer. While trying to find the perfect dessert for the unofficial start of summer for this coming weekend, I stumbled upon this recipe for S’more Brownies. I used my favorite brownie recipe as the base for this addicting dessert, however, feel free to use your own favorite fudgy brownie recipe (just make sure that it’s baked in a 9×13-inch baking dish). Chewy, fudgy double chocolate brownies topped with gooey marshmallows, graham cracker pieces and chocolate chunks. So rich, so chocolately, so irresistible!
One Year Ago: Raisin Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa
- 1 ½ teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ¾ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 6 graham crackers, broken into small pieces
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 (1.5 ounce) bars Hershey’s Milk Chocolate, broken into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9×13 inch metal baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. Place another piece of parchment paper in the same manner, perpendicular to the first sheet. (This will make it easy to remove the bars from the pan after they have baked.) Butter the parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk cocoa, espresso powder, and boiling water together in large bowl until smooth. Add unsweetened chocolate and whisk until chocolate is melted. Whisk in melted butter and oil. Add eggs, yolks, vanilla and continue to whisk until smooth and homogeneous. Whisk in sugar until fully incorporated. Add flour and salt and mix with rubber spatula until combined.
- Transfer the batter to prepared pan, smoothing the top. Bake for 25 minutes then remove from the oven and sprinkle with marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate. Bake for an additional 5 minutes. Transfer pan to wire rack and cool 1½ hours.
- Using parchment overhang, lift brownies from pan. Return brownies to wire rack and let cool completely, about 1 hour. Cut into 2-inch squares and serve.
Yields: 24 brownies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes