If your Mother’s Day plans include making a delicious breakfast or brunch for Mom, then you have to give these incredible muffins a try! These moist and tender muffins are bursting with amazing citrus flavor and topped with a crunchy sugar crust. The olive oil is to thank for these muffins being very moist and rich. This Mother’s Day we are headed to Columbus, Ohio to spend with our parents. Luckily both of our parents live in the same city, so when travel home we can visit everyone at once. This will be the first time we have been able to make it back to Columbus since last June! I am very excited to see friends and family and spend Mother’s day with our parents. This mother’s Day what better way to show her you care than baking a homemade treat? 😀
One Year Ago: Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Swirl Muffins
Tuscan Orange Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line muffin pan with muffin-cup liners; coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in center of the mixture and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, water, olive oil, orange zest, orange juice, and egg. Add ricotta mixture to the well in the flour mixture. Stir just until moistened.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle turbinado sugar over batter. Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack.
Yields: 12 muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 16 minutes
Source: adapted from Cooking Light, May 2011