These past few days have been super busy moving into our new home. This time the house that we have moved into is our home, our first home. No more renting for us! 😀 Over the past six years we have not been able to put roots down in any one city. We moved from our hometowns of Columbus, Ohio to Indianapolis, Indiana and finally to Peoria, Illinois. It is nice to finally say that Peoria is home now, instead of giving the speech about how we just moved here and are renting because we want to make sure Andrew’s job is a right fit! To get us through the crazy stress of moving and unpacking, the first thing I made in my new kitchen were these Almond Joy Cookies. These cookies come from Nicole over at Heat Oven to 350. Every time I go to her blog I am bookmarking recipes. Everything she makes looks and sound so amazing. Being the crazy Almond Joy fan that I am, when I spotted these cookies a few months ago on her blog I immediately bookmarked them. If you are a fan of Almond Joy’s, then you’re going to go crazy for these soft and chewy cookies. Packed with shredded coconut, crunchy almonds and melty chocolate chips, these cookies are the perfect choice for the coconut lover in your family.
One Year Ago: Strawberry Chocolate Chip Bread
Almond Joy Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups lightly salted, dry roasted almonds, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.. Beat in the eggs, vanilla extract and almond extract. Add the flour mixture and mix just until combined. Fold in the coconut, chocolate chips and almonds and stir until just incorporated.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons on prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until set.
Yields: 3 1/2 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 15 min
Bake Time: 20 min
Source: Heat Oven to 350