These past few days have been absolutely crazy around here. A few days ago Andrew and I closed on a house and this past weekend we were over there getting everything ready for our big move this coming Saturday. We are both very excited, but it has been a busy few days. Add onto that, the weather has not been great. Rain, rain, and more rain! All the rain and nasty weather have taken a toll on me and I have been down with a migraine for the past two days! Now that I am finally feeling better I have been back in the kitchen cooking up a storm. 😉 These peanut butter chip scones were one of the recipes that have been on the top of my “must bake” list for about two weeks. I can’t believe I waited that long to make them-they are amazing! Moist, tender, loaded with peanut butter chips and dripping with an incredible peanut butter glaze. Served warm straight out of the oven with a big cup of joe for a breakfast that is sure to put a smile on your face!
One Year Ago: Blackberry Coconut Pound Cake Muffins
Peanut Butter Chip Scones
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup heavy cream, plus 1-4 tablespoons
- 2 cups peanut butter baking chips
For the Peanut Butter Glaze:
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process with six 1-second pulses.
- Remove cover of food processor and sprinkle the butter evenly over the dry ingredients. Cover and process with 12 1-second pulses. Transfer contents to a large bowl.
- Stir heavy cream into the flour mixture, adding up to 2 additional tablespoons of heavy cream just until moistened. Fold in peanut butter chips and knead the dough by hand 6 to 8 times (do not overprocess or scones will be tough) then turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Divide dough in half. With lightly floured hands press each half of dough into a 7-inch round. With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into 6 wedges. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place wedges on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until tops of scones are a lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack for at least 10 minutes before glazing.
- While the scones are cooling, make peanut butter glaze. In a small bowl whisk together powdered sugar, milk and peanut butter until smooth. Drizzle glaze over scones and serve.
Yields: 12 scones
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 13 minutes