I don’t usually keep cake mix in my pantry, but when I stumbled across this recipe for Cake Batter Rice Krispies Treats, I made a special trip to the store. Who cares if that trip happened to be around 9 o’clock at night?! After seeing these babies I just had to have one…there was no waiting until the morning! And is it bad that I didn’t even share them with my husband? I wanted these delicious little squares all to myself. There are just some treats that you don’t want to share and trust me these are one of them! 😉
One Year Ago: Roasted Pepper Chicken Penne
Cake Batter Rice Krispies Treats
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 10 oz (1 bag) mini marshmallows
- 1/3 cup yellow cake mix (the dry cake mix, not prepared into a batter!)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 (1.75 oz.) container of sprinkles, divided
- Butter a 9×13-inch baking dish. Line the baking pan with parchment paper letting the paper extend up the two short sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. Butter paper; set pan aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows and stir frequently until melted, about 6 minutes. Add cake mix, one spoonful at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition until completely combined. Remove from heat and stir in rice cereal and half of the sprinkles.
- Using a piece of wax paper, press rice mixture evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining sprinkles and press lightly to adhere to the top of the treats. Let sit for 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
Yields: 24 squares
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Ready In: 45 minutes