Ever since I finally found one little bag of Meyer Lemons at my local grocery store, I have looking for recipes to use them in. Last weekend I made some delicious Meyer Lemon Scones that were a huge hit with my family. I was very excited to stumble upon this muffin recipe on Pinterest a few days ago. Luckily we already had quart of plump strawberries and a few Meyer Lemons just waiting to be baked into something delicious. These zest flecked muffins are bursting with chunks of fresh strawberries and sweet Meyer Lemon flavor. With their bright spring flavors, they would make the perfect addition to your Easter Sunday brunch! 🙂
One Year Ago: Samoas Cupcakes
Meyer Lemon Strawberry Muffins
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Zest (1 tablespoon) from 2 Meyer Lemons
- Juice (3 tablespoons) from 2 Meyer Lemons
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups chopped, fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin cups with muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the egg, buttermilk, oil, Meyer Lemon juice, zest and vanilla extract.
- In large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gently fold in the strawberries. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the buttermilk mixture. Stir until just incorporated. (Do not over-mix)
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups. Bake until golden and toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Yields: 12 muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes