This time of year you can never have too many cookie recipes, especially if you like to make homemade goodies for your sweetie for Valentines Day. Ooey-gooey and rich with chocolate and coffee flavors, these brownie cookies have a dense and fudgy texture that’s just perfect. A topping of toffee chips that melt into the cookies during baking sets them apart from many other cookie recipes out there.
One Year Ago: Banana Espresso Chocolate Chip Bread
Toffee Brownie Cookies
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounce bag toffee bits
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate and butter together using 30 second bursts. Stir until smooth.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the sugar and eggs until combined, about 30 seconds. Add the instant coffee and vanilla and beat again.
- Add the chocolate, baking powder and salt. Then slowly add the flour and cocoa powder and mix until combined.
- Fold in the toffee chips, reserving 1/4 cup for the tops.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets spacing 2 inches apart. Dip the tops of the balls into the reserved toffee bits.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes. Once out of the oven, immediately sprinkle the tops with any remaining toffee chips. Cool on the baking sheets.
Yields: 30 cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 12 minutes
Source: adapted from A Spicy Perspective