It’s no secret that I love the peanut butter and chocolate combination. There is something about creamy peanut butter and rich chocolate that is completely irresistible to me. Any and every peanut butter and chocolate recipe I see I feel the need to Pin. The only way you can make this marriage of flavors even better is to add another one of favorites…Nutella! And that is exactly what Bobbi over at Fresh and Foodie did. I bookmarked these over a year ago when I first spotted them on her blog. She so many amazing recipes and drool-worthy photos. If you haven’t seen her blog you need to head on over and check her out…that is after you run into the kitchen and make these no-bake bars! 😉 These bars combine three of my loves…peanut butter, chocolate, and Nutella! They taste just like a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup with a hefty dose of Nutella. These rich little bars are a cinch to make…no oven or mixer needed! Just melt, stir, and refrigerate.
One Year Ago: Greek Salsa Chicken
Peanut Butter Nutella Bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 ¾ cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate or chocolate chips
- 1/4 peanut butter chips
- 1 tablespoon Nutella
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 8×8-inch square pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. (This will make it easy to remove the bars from the pan after they are set.)
- Melt ½ cup of butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in the powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in the peanut butter, nutella, and graham cracker crumbs until completely combined and smooth. Spread the peanut butter mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- In the now-empty saucepan, melt chocolate, peanut butter chips and nutella until almost completely melted. Remove from heat and continue stirring until completely melted and smooth. Pour over the peanut butter layer and smooth into an even layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set. Remove from the pan using the parchment overhangs and place on a cutting board. Use a pizza cutter to slice into 16 bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Yields: 16 bars
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour 15 minutes
Source: adapted from Fresh and Foodie