Somedays you just need a chocolate fix. These bite-sized crisps will satisfy your chocolate craving without wrecking your diet. Each crisp is only 62 calories and packed with two different types of chocolate, almonds, and dried cherries. I can’t wait to give these a try using different combinations of chocolate, fruit and nuts! These bite sized crisps would make the perfect Valentines Day treat for your sweetie, that is if they last that long! 😉
One Year Ago: Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
Double Chocolate Almond Cherry Crisps
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups rice cereal (I used Kashi 7 Whole Grain Cereals Puffs)
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cherry flavoring
- Cover a large baking sheet with wax paper.
- in a medium glass bowl place semisweet and white chocolate chips; microwave on high 45 seconds. Stir, and microwave an additional 45 seconds or until almost melted. Stir until smooth. Add cereal and remaining ingredients; stir quickly to combine. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet; chill 1 hour or until firm.
Yields: 36 servings (serving size: 1 crisp/ 62 calories)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Ready in: 1 hour and 5 minutes
Source: adapted from Cooking Light