We all know about my love of cookies, in fact I have over 75 cookie recipes on this blog. That’s right, over 75! If you haven’t had a chance to check them out, head on over to my recipe index for all of them. All of us who have ever made homemade cookies know how tempting the raw dough can be. Although I am aware that sneaking a bite of dough carries a risk, I find it absolutely irresistible. With these cookie dough truffles I can indulge with no fear, so go ahead and break off a piece. Just make sure you leave enough to dip in chocolate. 😉 These bite sized truffles would make the perfect Valentines Day treat for your sweetie, that is if you are willing to share! 😀
One Year Ago: Blueberry Crumble Bars
Cookie Dough Truffles
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in milk and vanilla until combined, about 1 minute. Mix in flour just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Shape into balls using 2 teaspoons of dough for each ball. Place on prepared pan, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Melt shortening and chocolate together in a metal bowl over a pan of lightly simmering water. Stir occasionally until smooth, and remove from heat.
- Working about 4 balls at a time, dip balls in chocolate using a spoon or a dipping fork and place on a waxed paper lined baking sheet. Keep the undipped balls in the refrigerator until ready to dip.
- Once you have covered all the balls in chocolate, place in the refrigerator until the chocolate coating is set. If desired, drizzle chocolate on the balls for decoration.
Yields: 5 dozen
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Ready In: 2 hours 10 minutes
Source: adapted from Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies