Banana muffins sound a million times more delicious when you swirl a dollop of Nutella into them. Don’t you think? In fact adding Nutella to anything makes it more delicious. Ok, well maybe not everything, but definitely baked goodies. 😀 These moist muffins have a deep banana flavor, crunchy hazelnuts, and a hefty dose of hazelnut spread making them irresistible. Serve warm with extra Nutella smeared on them instead of butter, trust me on this one! 😉
One Year Ago: Blueberriest Muffins
Banana Nutella Muffins
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, soft, darkly speckled, mashed well (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with muffin liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla with wooden spoon. Lightly fold banana mixture into dry ingredients with rubber spatula until just combined and batter looks thick and chunky. Fold in hazelnuts.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups. Place 1 teaspoon of Nutella on top of each muffin. Swirl with a toothpick. Bake until golden and toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean, 20 to 24 minutes. Remove muffins from tin and serve
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 24 minutes
Source: adapted from Orange Spice Banana Bread