These delicious bite-sized candies have it all-peanuts, caramel and chocolate. Peanuts are blanketed in a creamy caramel, then decadent chocolate and sprinkled with chopped peanuts. They taste just like a chocolate covered Payday! The best part is that they are bite sized…so you can show some self-control! 😉 The original recipe called for this candy to be made in an 8-inch baking pan, but I adapted it to be made in a mini muffin pan. I wanted to make a two-bite dessert that is perfect to serve at parties or showers. The good news-they are very simple to put together! The bad news–they are very simple to put together! 😀
One Year Ago: Risotto with Porcini Mushrooms and Mascarpone
Chocolate Caramel Peanut Bites
- Nonstick Cooking spray
- 1 ¼ cups coarsely chopped roasted salted peanuts
- 25 store-bought soft caramel squares, unwrapped (7 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3.0 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- Liberally grease the bottom and sides of two mini muffin pans.
- Evenly sprinkle 3/4 cup of peanuts over the bottom of muffin cups (the bottom should almost be completely covered).
- Combine caramels and water in a small heat proof bowl and heat in the microwave in 30 second bursts until completely melted and smooth.
- Evenly pour melted caramels over the peanuts.
- In a small heat proof bowl heat chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts until completely melted and smooth. Pour over the caramel layer and spread evenly.
- Immediately top with remaining peanuts and let completely cool.
Yields: 24 bites