Soft and chewy peanut butter sandwich cookies filled with an addicting peanut butter filling. Not too big and not too small, just the perfect size for dipping in milk! These cookies only get better as the days go by. The get really soft and the sweet and salty flavors only get better. Who doesn’t like a sandwich cookie? The only thing better than a sandwich cookie is a filled cookie! You know a Chocolate Peanut Butter Surprise Cookie, Cherry Bon Bon Cookie, or perhaps a Chocolate Marshmallow Surprise Cookie. Yummy! Oh man, now I have cookies on the brain! I promise you will too after making these addicting little sandwich cookies! 😀
One Year Ago: Guacamole
Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar, plus 1/3 cup for rolling dough
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
For the Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- Adjust the oven racks to the upper- and lower-middle positions and heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the flat beater attached, cream shortening, peanut butter and sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Add vanilla extract and eggs one at a time and beat at medium speed until combined, about 30 seconds. Reduce speed to low. Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed until just combined, about 30 seconds, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Place the remaining ⅓ cup sugar for rolling in a shallow bowl. Roll heaping teaspoons of dough into ball between your palms, roll the ball in the sugar, and then place it on the prepared baking sheet spacing the balls about 2 inches apart Dip a dinner fork in cold water and make crisscross design.
- Bake until cookies are puffed and set but not brown, 6-8 minutes. Cool cookies on cookie sheet until set, about 3 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely before filling.
- To make the filling, in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the peanut butter, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. add milk until desired consistency is reached. The filling should be thick but spreadable. (like the inside of an Oreo)
- To assemble the cookies, shape cream filling into 2 teaspoon sized balls. Place cream filling ball into the center of one cookie. Place another cookie, equal in size to the first, on top of the cream. Lightly press, to work the filling evenly to the outsides of the cookie. Continue this process until all the cookies have been sandwiched with cream.
Yields: about 4 dozen sandwiches
Source: Our Best Bites
Love these Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies? If you like a little chocolate in your cookies then you will swoon for these Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies!