Ok, I admit it! I have a slight obsession with crumble bars. Ever since I made the Raspberry Crumb Breakfast Bars last September, whenever I see a recipe for a fruit crumble bar I have to make it! These peach crumble bars are one of the easiest desserts you can make and are perfect to bring to a summer get together. A thick and buttery bottom layer smeared with a sweet peach filling and topped with a buttery crumbly topping. Seriously, I am warning you, brace yourself for some dangerously addicting sweet peachy goodness! Want to make this dessert over the top? Just serve with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Mmmm… 😀
One Year Ago: Roasted Garlic Hummus
Peach Crumble Bars
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cold
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
For the Peach Filling:
- 5 cups diced peaches (about 7 peaches, peeled)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9-by-13-inch glass or light-colored metal baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up the two short sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. (This will make it easy to remove the bars from the pan after they have baked.) Butter the parchment.
- For the Crumble: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon on low speed. Add the butter, toss with a fork to coat with the flour mixture. Add egg and mix on medium-low speed until the texture resembles coarse cornmeal, with the butter pieces no larger than small peas. Pat half of dough into the prepared pan. Place reserved half aside. Place the pan and the remainder of the dough in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- For the Peach Filling: In medium bowl, gently toss diced peaches and lemon juice together; set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour over the peaches and mix gently.
- Spread the peach mixture evenly over the crust. Crumble the remaining dough over the peach layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is slightly brown. Cool completely on wire rack then transfer to the refrigerator to chill before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Yields: 24 bars
I told you I had a crumble bar addiction! Check out some more yummy flavors! 😀
- Raspberry Crumb Bars
- Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars
- Caramel Crumb Bars
- Blueberry Crumb Bars
- Cranberry Crumb Bars
- Apple Walnut Crumb Bars