I want to thank everyone that entered my giveaway to win a copy of Must Have Been Something I Ate. It seemed like many of you agreed that what you eat influences the way you feel. Congratulations to Dorothy who won a copy of Must Have Been Something I Ate! The random number that was generated was 99, here is what was said:
I absolutely notice a difference not only in how I feel about myself, but also how I feel about food and cooking/baking.
Powered by RANDOM.ORG, Timestamp: 2011-07-17 18:10:05 UTC
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- juice of 1/4 of a lemon
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly with cold water in a fine-mesh strainer, let drain.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring vegetable stock and quinoa to a boil. Cover and simmer on low 15 minutes, or until all of the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Let cool. (you should have about 2 cups of cooked quinoa)
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano and lemon juice.; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine grape tomatoes. cucumber, olives, red bell pepper. Add 2 cups of slightly cooled quinoa and olive oil mixture, toss to coat. Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve.
Yields: 6 servings
Source: adapted from Must Have Been Something I Ate