Rich and decadent Caramel Marshmallow Brownies with walnuts, toasted marshmallows and a gooey caramel drizzle. There is no doubt that brownies are one of the ultimate crowd pleasing desserts. I made these for a Memorial Day cookout that we are going to this weekend. I am sure that these incredible brownies will go super fast-that is if they make it to the cookout! 😉 We couldn’t have asked for better weather this weekend, even if it is an unseasonably warm 90 degrees outside.
Caramel Marshmallow Brownies
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/3 cup white-chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini-marshmallows
- 10 caramel candy cubes, unwrapped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 8 inch metal baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. (This will make it easy to remove the bars from the pan after they have baked.) Butter the parchment.
- In a small, heatproof bowl, melt butter and chocolate together. Stir until combined and very smooth. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Whisk in sugar and salt. Add eggs one at a time, beating vigorously to blend after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract, then flour.
- Spread into prepared baking pan and sprinkle walnuts evenly on top. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (with a few moist crumbs attached). Remove pan from oven and turn off heat. Sprinkle white chocolate chips and marshmallows on top, return pan to oven for 2 minutes, then transfer pan to a rack to cool.
- Once the brownies are cool, in a small bowl combine caramels and cream. Microwave on medium (50 percent) power for 1 1/2 minutes; stir until completely smooth. Drizzle caramel-cream over brownies, then let them cool completely.
Yields: 16 brownies
Source: All You Magazine, May 2005