Sizzling Brazilian Flank Steak with juicy oranges, grape tomatoes, sliced serrano chilis, slivered red onion, and freshly chopped cilantro. With the weather beginning to warm up outside, why not add this to your weekday menu. You can have this delicious meal in under 30 minutes!
Brazilian Flank Steak with Citrus Salsa
For the Salsa:
- 1 cup fresh orange segments; all peel and membrane removed
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup slivered red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Serrano chili, thinly sliced (optional)
- Pinch of kosher salt
For the Steak:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 flank steak (about 1 ½ lb)
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for salsa and chill until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for steak, rub over both sides of steak.
- Grill 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove from heat, tent with foil and rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Slice against the grain into thin slices, divide among 4 plates and top with salsa.
Yields: 4 servings
Source: Cuisine Lite, Fresh and Fabulous