Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies crumbled inside a rich chocolate chip cookie. These cookies are moist and chewy on the inside and crisp at the edges…just the way a cookie should be! Have I mentioned the crazy amount of Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies at my house? A full case in fact! I already made some incredible Thin Mint Cheesecake Swirl Brownies with them so when I saw this recipe that originally called for Oreo Cookies, I had to make them! 🙂 Today I ran the 500 Festival Mini Marathon and thought that these would be the best way to celebrate! I finished running 13.1 miles in 2 hours and 6 minutes! Over 39,000 people descended on Indianapolis to participate in the race. Over 90,000 spectators were lined up along the route cheering everyone on! It sprinkled for the final 4 miles of the race but at least it held off until then. The coolest part of this mini marathon was running a lap around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I drive past it every morning on my way to work, but have never been inside the track. These cookies were the best after race snack, now if I could just keep my hands out of the cookie jar! 😉
Chocolate Chip Thin Mint Cookies
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 11 broken pieces Thin Mint Cookies
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, and sugars until combined. Reduce speed to low and add egg, vanilla and peppermint extract; mix until combined. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips and Thin Mint Cookies until just combined.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons of dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets spacing 1 1/2-inches between each. Bake cookies until edges have just begun to set but centers are still very soft, 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.