Running short on time for dinner tonight? No worries, this meal can be whipped up in no time at all. Don’t you just love quick and delicious meals? I know I do! Between work, running and keeping the house clean, there are some days I just don’t feel like cooking. That’s when i reach for a simple and mouth-watering recipe like this. Only you will know that you didn’t spend all night preparing this incredible meal. Penne pasta tossed with roasted red peppers and juicy chicken breast will leave you longing for more. Pair this with garlic bread for a meal you will make again and again.
Roasted Pepper Chicken Penne
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup julienned roasted red peppers
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken and balsamic vinegar in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic for 1 minute. Drain and discard vinegar. Add chicken to skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Stir in the tomatoes, red peppers, red pepper flakes, broth, Italian seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Meanwhile, Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
Source: adapted from The Taste of Home Cookbook