Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies brimming with chocolate chunks and chopped butterfinger candies. These cookies are soft, chewy and rich. When I saw this recipe for a cookie with one of my favorite candy bars in them, I knew I had to give them a try! I wasn’t dissappointed-biting into a cookie with large chunks of butterfingers and chocolate? Heaven! 🙂
Butterfinger Chocolate Chip-Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (2.1-ounce) Butterfinger candy bar, chopped (scant 1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat peanut butter, butter, 1/3 cup sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Reduce speed to low and add egg and vanilla; mix until combined. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips and chopped Butterfinger candy.
- Place the remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a shallow bowl for rolling. Using 1 1/2 tablespoons dough for each cookie, roll dough between palms to form balls., roll the ball in the sugar, and then place it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing 1 inch apart. Using bottom of glass or measuring cup, press cookies into 1/3-inch-thick rounds.
- Bake cookies until edges are golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes, reversing sheets halfway through. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets about 2 minutes; using a wide metal spatula, transfer the cookies to a wire rack and cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Source: BON APPÉTIT