Yesterday was my Yorkshire Terrier Hemingway’s second birthday. I can’t believe that he is already two years old! My husband purchased him for me as a first wedding anniversary gift. We named him Hemingway after the name of our wedding reception site in Grand Cayman. Below is a picture of the day we brought him home, June 14, 2009, he was only 8 weeks old and weighed only 3 pounds. I was so excited! 🙂
It has been so neat to watch his coat change from a black and brown to blonde, brown, and blue. He still is not completely changed into his adult coat. All of the black on his back will eventually turn into the blueish gray color. You can already start to see the blue coming through on his hind legs.
He is such a sweet and lovable dog. I swear that he is one of the smartest dogs I have ever met. He knows how to manipulate Andrew and I to get whatever he wants. I mean come on, look at those eyes!
He has also managed to wiggle his way into my husbands heart. He never had a dog growing up and never wanted a “smelly critter” living among us. After years of begging and persuading he finally surprised me with this beautiful puppy. Funny how things change! It only took one cold night before Hemingway was snuggled in our bed with us and he hasn’t left since.
Now don’t let those cute eyes fool you, he is all terrier! He thinks that he is 150 pounds and can take on anything that comes his way. He is definitely a watch dog too. If there is a garbage truck or mail man outside he is sure to let you know!
Hemingway, loves peanut butter as much as I do and he LOVED these treats! He can smell a jar of peanut butter being opened from another room. So when I was pulling out the ingredients to make these biscuits, Hemingway was right there hoping for me to drop a morsel for him.
I know these won’t last long in my house and I will be making these again and again! 🙂
Looking for more treats your dog will love? Check out the Peanut Butter Delight Pupcakes! 🙂
Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits
- 3/4 cup nonfat Milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Peanut Butter, smooth
- 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, egg and peanut butter until smooth. Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon and mix until completely combined.
- With a rolling pin, roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into desired sizes depending on the size of your dog and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes then remove from over and flip all the biscuits over and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Source: Adapted from Paula Deen