Greek style chicken burgers with tzatziki sauce are a healthy and lower fat alternative to your favorite hamburger recipe. I recently made chicken gyros and I had some leftover tzatziki sauce that I wanted to use in more Greek style meals. These chicken burgers are a great healthy meal for your entire family!
Greek Style Chicken Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 pound ground lean chicken
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon brine from olives
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- pinch of black pepper
- Tzatziki sauce
- romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Pepperocinis, sliced
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, lemon juice, oregano, basil, olives, green onions, garlic, olive brine, feta cheese and black pepper. Thoroughly mix. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Form the mixture into 4 patties. Grill over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. To toast the hamburger buns, place buns face down on the top rack of the grill and toast.
- To assemble the chicken burgers, spread tzatziki sauce on top and bottom bun and layer with lettuce, chicken burger, tomato, red onion and pepperocinis.
Source: adapted from Acquired Taste