My husband and I are huge Ohio State fans and for the game tonight against the Kentucky Wildcats I decided against making regular buckeyes for these addicting Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites. I saw these about a month ago over at Two Tiny Kitchens and about fell out of my chair. A buckeye sandwiched between two pretzels and dipped in chocolate! Seriously? I am all over it! The sweet and salty combination of these bite-sized snacks is incredible. Then the fact that it is a chocolate and peanut butter combination makes it even better! Even if you are not a fan of The Ohio State Buckeyes, whip up a batch of these simple bites and come back and let me know what you think! I promise you will find them as delicious as my family does! 🙂
Peanut Butter “Buckeye” Pretzel Bites
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat peanut butter and butter until combined. Scrape down bowl, add sugars and beat until combined. You should be able to roll the mixture into balls without sticking to your hands. If needed, add more powdered sugar until you reach a consistency that is easy to roll.
- Roll the mixture into small balls, about 1 teaspoon of mixture for each ball, and place on prepared baking sheet. Sandwich the balls between two pretzels and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a metal bowl over a pan of lightly simmering water. Stir occasionally until smooth, and remove from heat. Dip each pretzel bite halfway into the melted chocolate and place on the prepared baking sheet. Chill in refrigerator until chocolate is set.