These Thick and Chewy Chocolate Butterscotch Chip Cookies are destined to become your favorite cookie. A twist on the traditional chocolate chip cookies, these oversized cookies are exploding with chocolate and butterscotch chips. Thick from the edge to the center, chewy and soft. Serve warm from the oven with a cold glass of milk!
Thick and Chewy Chocolate Butterscotch Chip Cookies
- 2 cups plus 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 Tbsp (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted & cooled until warm
- 1 c brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars until thoroughly combined. Beat in egg, yolk and vanilla until combined. Add dry ingredients and beat at low speed just until combined. Stir in chips.
- Roll a scant 1/4 cup dough into ball. Holding dough ball in fingertips of both hands, pull into 2 equal halves. Rotate halves 90 degrees and, with jagged surfaces facing up, join halves back together into one ball so that the top surface is jagged. Place onto prepared cookie sheet, spacing 2 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies are light golden brown, outer edges start to harden, and centers are still soft and puffy, about 15 to 18 minutes, rotating the baking sheets front to back and top to bottom halfway through the baking time. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets. Remove cookies using a wide metal spatula. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Source: adapted from The New Best Recipe