Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies with three layers of rich and decadent goodness! A rich, fudgy, deep dark chocolate brownie with a delicious peanut butter filling that is topped off with a decadent chocolate ganache. Oh yes, the classic peanut butter and chocolate combination! This dessert is incredible!
I made these brownies to celebrate my husband getting a job! After 4 years of undergrad, 4 years of medical school, 4 years of a pathology residency and one year of a dermatopathology fellowship-he scores a real job! Woo hoo!! 🙂 It has been a long road and I have been right there beside him for almost the whole ride (over nine years)! After months of interviewing and agonizing we will begin the next chapter of our lives this July in Peoria, Illinois. For the past five years we have called Indianapolis home and I am very sad to leave so many friends and a job that I love, but I am very excited to see what the future has in store for us! 🙂
Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies
For the Brownies:
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons milk
For the Ganache Topping:
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9 by 13 inch metal baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. (This will make it easy to remove the bars from the pan after they have baked.) Butter the parchment.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Remove from heat and add the sugar; stir to combine. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Mix in cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add flour and stir until just combined and no streaks of dry ingredients remain. Pour into prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Bake for bake 25-30 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a cooling rack.
- While the brownies are cooling, make the peanut butter filling. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the ingredients and beat until smooth. Add more milk if necessary to make it spreadable. Spread in an even layer over the brownies. Place in the refrigerator until filling is set, about 30 minutes.
- While the filling is setting, make the ganache, combine the ingredients in a double boiler or in a microwave safe bowl. Melt together and combine. Pour the ganache over the top and spread gently. Return to the fridge until set.
Source: adapted from Worth Her Salt