Sweet Potato Hash Browns have become a favorite weekend breakfast item in my house. Serve alongside a big stack of buttermilk pancakes or eggs for a hearty breakfast that will kick-start your day! Grated sweet potatoes are sautéed with onion, garlic, and bacon to create a breakfast side you will find yourself craving long after they have been eaten.
Sweet Potato Hash Browns
- 1/4 pound diced bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (roughly 3 medium) — peeled and grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat, fry the bacon until crispy, about 8 minutes.
- Add the onions and saute until soft, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic and sweet potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Saute for about 10 to 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Source: Emeril Lagasse