Farfalle Pasta with Sausage, Tomatoes, and Cream is a wonderful quick and easy dish for any night of the week! Bow tie pasta is tossed with sweet Italian sausage, crushed tomatoes, and cream. This pasta dish has tons of rich and creamy flavor and the italian sausage gives it a little kick! This main dish is perfect you are craving an easy meal that looks as good as it tastes!
Farfalle Pasta with Sausage, Tomatoes, and Cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes with added puree
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 pound farfalle pasta
- 1/2 cup (packed) chopped fresh basil
- Freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- In a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add sausage and crushed red pepper. Sauté until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up, about 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic; sauté until onion is tender, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and cream. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sausage mixture thickens, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until tender but still firm to bite. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to same pot. Add sausage mixture and toss over medium-low heat until sauce coats pasta, adding reserved cooking liquid by 1/4 cupfuls if mixture is dry. Transfer pasta to serving dish. Sprinkle with basil and cheese.
Source: Bon Appétit, January 2006