This past weekend my husband Andrew and I decorated our house for the holidays. It was so much fun listening to holiday music, drinking egg nog and putting up our Christmas tree. We made this amazing herb rubbed roast beef for dinner and served it with salt crusted baked potatoes, cranberry salad and a glass of shiraz viognier. It was so nice sitting in our dining room looking at the beautiful tree and decorations filling our house. It just never seems like the holidays until we decorate, so for me it is now officially the holiday season. 🙂 Give this delicious roast beef recipe a try-with 8 different herbs marinating the beef, it is sure to be a hit with your family.
Herb Rubbed Roast Beef
- 2 tablespoons and 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (3 pound) sirloin rib roast
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, kosher salt, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, and thyme. Stir in the olive oil, and allow the mixture to sit about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the roast on the prepared baking sheet, and cover on all sides with the spice mixture.
- Roast 1 hour in the preheated oven, or to a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Let sit 15 minutes before slicing.