Cornbread muffins made with REAL corn! You read that right-real corn baked right in! 🙂 Split open one of these amazing muffins and just check out all those kernels! The corn and corn meal combine to make the ultimate cornbread muffins! The other night I made some three bean vegetarian chili and I usually make my favorite corn bread recipe for this soup, but I was wanting to try a muffin recipe. I was searching for a new recipe on allrecipes.com and came across this amazing recipe. It had many high ratings, rave reviews, and real corn! The original recipe called for frozen corn, but having none on hand, I used a whole can of corn. Let me just say-oh my goodness, these are awesome! To make these even more addicting, serve with honey butter or maple pecan butter.
Honey Cornbread Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease or line 12 muffin cups.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together butter, sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add honey, eggs and salt.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, cornmeal and baking powder. Mix into butter mixture. Stir in milk and corn. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
Source: adapted from allrecipes