Incredibly moist and spicy pumpkin bread exploding with chocolate chips is the perfect choice on a cool fall morning. It doesn’t matter if you are a pumpkin or chocolate lover, one thing is for sure-you will flip over this amazing bread. Once the bread has cooled completely tightly wrap in plastic wrap-I swear this bread only gets better as the days go by. The flavors mingle together and it stays incredibly moist. This autumn quick bread is wonderful for breakfast, a midday snack, dessert, and Thanksgiving.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups pumpkin puree (15 ounce can)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup water, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9×5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the oil and pumpkin puree. Add the sugar and whisk to combine. Add the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract and water. Stir in the chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Do not overmix. Divide between the two prepared loaf pans and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through baking time. Transfer pans to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
Source: Baked: New Frontiers in Baking