Indulgent rich brownies topped with toasted marshmallows, roasted almonds, and chocolate chips. I love brownies. who doesn’t right? Especially right out of the oven with a scoop of ice cream and a glass of milk! Mmmmm…perfect! I was thinking about what I was going to make to bring into my coworkers after the crazy busy week we have had. The first 9 weeks of school are coming to an end, report cards are being entered, midterm exams are being taken, and I am so ready for fall break! 😉 So I thought what better way to indulge then with these wonderful rocky road brownies. These brownies are so easy to make and taste incredible. They are perfect to bring to a cookout, family reunion, or holiday party.
Rocky Road Brownies
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Melt butter and cocoa together in a bowl in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Stir in sugar, espresso powder, and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until combined. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; mix until well combined. Spread batter into prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes or just until brownies start to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Sprinkle marshmallows, almonds, and chocolate chips on brownies. Heat broiler and place rack 8 inches from element. Broil brownies until marshmallows turn golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool 20 minutes, then refrigerate.
- To cut, loosen brownies from the sides of the pan using a bench knife coated with non-stick spray.
Source: adapted from Cuisine at Home Magazine, Cookies for the Holidays