Fluffy pumpkin pancakes packed with pureed pumpkin, fall spices and topped with walnuts and honey butter. Ok, so I thought I found the perfect pancake with the sweet potato pancakes until I tried these amazing pumpkin pancakes! I had a half used can of pumpkin lying around yesterday morning and decided to make these scrumptious pumpkin pancakes. They cook up so amazingly fluffy! They had to be at least an inch thick! The perfect kind of pancake if you ask me! There is nothing better on a cool and rainy fall morning than a stack of warm and fluffy pancakes! Now go ahead and pass me the syrup! 🙂
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ground ginger, salt, nutmeg, and a pinch of ground cloves.
- In a separate bowl, stir together milk, pumpkin puree, melted butter, and egg; fold mixture into dry ingredients.
- Melt some butter in a skillet over medium heat; pour in 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook pancakes about 3 minutes per side; serve with butter and syrup.
Source: Martha Stewart Living, October 2006