I saw this recipe for pumpkin cornbread the other day and just about died! 🙂 Could it be? Pumpkin and corn bread together?! I just had to try it! I held onto this recipe, planning on making it later in the month of October. However, the thought of pumpkin cornbread got to me and I HAD to make it. I baked this wonderful cornbread to go along with our favorite chili. I served it along with the honey butter from my other corn bread recipe and it was amazing! Moist pumpkin corn bread sweetened with cinnamon, nutmeg and molasses then smeared with honey butter, an excellent accompaniment to any fall meal.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease an 8×8″ cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, spices, brown sugar, and cornmeal; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, lightly beat the eggs, and then stir in the pumpkin, oil, and molasses.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined, and then pour the batter into the pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Source: adapted from Sugarcrafter