You have just laid your eyes upon the most amazingly delicious cookies known to man! Two delicious peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies with a layer of decadent milk chocolate peanut butter filling. If you like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, then you will fall head over heels in love with these divine cookies. Peanut butter and chocolate is such an amazing combination. Some of the best desserts are made from this duo-buckeyes, peanut butter bars, peanut butter chocolate chip ice cream…and the list can go on and on! My yorkie, Hemingway, loves peanut butter as much as I do. He can smell a jar of peanut butter being opened from another room. So when I was pulling out the ingredients to make these cookies, Hemingway was right there hoping for me to drop a morsel for him. After the cookies were baked I put them out on my dining room table for everyone to munch on. I went into another room and a few minutes later I hear whining coming from the dining room. I walk in to see Hemingway sitting next to the dining room table waiting for me to give him a freshly baked cookie. Of course I did not give him one of these, but I think I know what I need to make soon-peanut butter dog biscuits! 🙂
Do you prefer the tradional fork marked Peanut Butter cookies? Get the recipe here!
Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
Ingredients for Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Filling:
- 3 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
Directions to Make Cookies:
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and milk chocolate in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy. Scrape down and add eggs, one at a time, until each is incorporated. Mixture will be light and fluffy. Add vanilla and peanut butter and beat until just incorporated.
- Add half of flour mixture and mix for 15 seconds. Add remaining flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. Cover the bowl in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto a baking sheet, at least 2 inches apart. With the palm of your hand, very gently press each cookie down so that it forms a very tall disk. Do not press too hard or press the cookie too flat.
- Sprinkle tops with granulated sugar and bake for 8 minutes or until the tops of cookies just begin to brown.
- Remove pan from oven and cool on wire rack for 2 minutes. Use a spatula to transfer individual cookies to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Directions to Make Filling:
- Place chocolate, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside. In a small heavy saucepan bring whipping cream to a boil over medium heat. Pour hot cream over chocolate mixture; stir until mixture is melted and smooth. Transfer to refrigerator to chill until thick and spreadable, about 1 hour.
- Spread about 1 rounded teaspoonful chocolate-peanut butter filling on flat side of 1 cookie. Top with second cookie, forming a sandwich. Repeat with remaining filling and cookies. Store in airtight container at room temperature.