These are the perfect chocolate chip cookies…crisp edges and a moist and chewy center exploding with rich chocolate chips! Doesn’t that sound like the best chocolate chip cookie ever? I think so! This recipe is marvelous. I have tried countless chocolate chip cookie recipes over the years and this recipe has made me throw out all the others. Go ahead and try them, I am sure you will agree. Now excuse me while I go and pour a glass of milk, these babies are calling my name! Yummy! 🙂
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups (16 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars until smooth and creamy. Scrape down bowl and add eggs, one at a time, beating until incorporated. The mixture will look light and fluffy. Add vanilla and beat for 5 seconds.
- Add half of the flour mixture and mix for 15 seconds. Add the remaining flour mixture and beat until just incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl tightly and place in refrigerator for 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use your hands to shape into 2-tablespoon-sized balls. Place on prepared baking sheet, 1-inch apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes until edges are golden brown and the tops just start to darken.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Transfer the individual cookies to the wire rack to cool completely.
Source: Baked: New Frontiers in Baking