Here is one of my favorite quick and easy breakfast dishes. If you read my post from yesterday, you know that my friend Beth and I did a lot of baking over the past few days. Here is another recipe that we made. This recipe has been in my family for many years now. My mom has made it for every holiday breakfast since I can remember. The intoxicating smell of baking cinnamon rolls and roasting apples will have you standing around the oven salivating as you peek through the oven window. This recipe originally started from the Pampered Chef recipe “Apple Nut Ring”, but over the years is has evolved into an absolutely amazing breakfast oozing with sweet frosting, plump raisins, pecans, and roasted apples. These are phenomenal served warm with a large glass of milk.
Glazed Apple Cinnamon Ring
- 2 packages refrigerated cinnamon rolls or homemade cinnamon rolls
- 2 medium granny smith apples
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Separate cinnamon rolls and flatten slightly. Arrange cinnamon rolls in an overlapping circular pattern on a baking stone or sheet pan.
- Peel, core and slice apples into rings. Place apple rings on top of cinnamon rolls. Sprinkle raisins and nuts evenly around ring. Top with sprinkling of cinnamon.
- Bake 20-25 minute or until golden brown. Drizzle icing from cinnamon roll package on top of ring.