In case you were wondering, yes, it does taste as good as it looks! So as you can tell from a few of my previous posts, I have a refrigerator full of seasonal fruit right now and I am loving it. There are so many wonderful recipes that include these inexpensive fruits. As I was trying to decide which scrumptious recipe to include next, I noticed that I have posted many recipes with only one fruit. This blog needed a mixed fruit recipe! So here it is, a triple berry mix of blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. Serve with whipped cream for a wonderful mid-summer treat.
Triple Berry Crisp
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup butter, chilled
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, gently toss together blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and white sugar; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press half of mixture in the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Cover with berries. Sprinkle remaining crumble mixture over the berries.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown.
- For the whipped cream, in a large mixing bowl place the whipping cream, vanilla extract, and sugar; stir to combine. Cover and chill the bowl and beaters in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. When chilled, beat the mixture until stiff peaks form.