Looking for a fast and easy dinner tonight? Look no further, these delicious burritos are ready in thirty minutes or less! I like to make these when I don’t have time to make an elaborate meal. It’s fast, easy, and really tasty! Believe it or not they are also healthy as well…only 360 calories each! Pair these burritos with guacamole and chips for a fantastic meal.
Chipotle Bean Burritos
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons refrigerated fresh salsa
- 6 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup preshredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1 1/2 cups chopped plum tomato (about 3)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 6 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 6 tablespoons light sour cream
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in chile powder and salt; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in 1/3 cup water and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in salsa. Partially mash bean mixture with a fork.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon 1/3 cup bean mixture into center of each tortilla. Top each serving with 2 1/2 tablespoons cheese, 1/4 cup tomato, 1/4 cup lettuce, 1 tablespoon onions, and 1 tablespoon sour cream; roll up.
Source: Cooking Light Magazine, Jan/Feb 2010