Wow! This recipe is amazing! The juicy peaches combined with the fiery Serrano pepper make a spicy-sweet flavor that will make you taste buds scream in delight! When my cooking light magazine came in the mail and had this recipe as its cover feature, my mouth started to water. I could not wait to try it out. Like it extra spicy? Try it with a habanero pepper instead.
Grilled Halibut with Peach and Pepper Salsa
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely chopped peeled yellow peaches (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 1/3 cups chopped red bell pepper (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh arugula
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 (6-ounce) skinless halibut fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- To prepare salsa, combine first 9 ingredients; toss gently. Let stand 30 minutes before serving.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- To prepare fish, combine 2 tablespoons juice, oil, paprika, and 2 garlic cloves in a large, shallow glass baking dish, stirring with a whisk. Add fish to juice mixture; turn to coat. Cover and let stand 15 minutes.
- Remove fish from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle fish evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Place fish on a grill rack or fish baskets coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Top each halibut fillet with 2/3 cup of salsa.
Source: adapted from Cooking Light Magazine June 2010