Rich, moist, gooey, chewy goodness! That is how I would describe these decadent brownies. If you have always made your brownies from a box-I promise after trying this recipe you never will again. Pair this little slice of heaven with a scoop of ice cream and you have a dessert that is out of this world!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.
- In a large saucepan over medium low heat, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat and stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Hand mix in cocoa, flour, salt, and baking powder until just moistened. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 25-27 minutes. Allow brownies to cool in pan on wire rack for 2 minutes. Then turn brownies out onto wire rack and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl combine butter, cocoa, honey, vanilla, milk, and confectioners sugar. Frost brownies while they are still warm.
Source: adapted from allrecipes.com