These truffles are truly Earth shattering! They will change your life, I guarantee it. :D Peanut Butter-Pretzel Truffles, Chubby Hubby Truffles whatever you call them, I call them incredible! This little truffle has it all-sweet and salty, smooth and crunchy goodness! Not only do these candies satisfy cravings for peanut butter and chocolate it also satisfies your craving for something sweet and salty. The past few days I have been making batches of my favorite truffles to serve for Valentines Day. I went looking for a new recipe to try when Pinterest came to the rescue once again tempting me with these bits of heaven. Why not whip up a batch or two for your sweet valentine? :)
One Year Ago: Thick and Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies
Peanut Butter-Pretzel Truffles
- 1½ cups whole tiny twist pretzels
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter chips
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.
- Place pretzels in a resealable plastic bag and run a rolling pin over the bag crushing the pretzels into small bits; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and salt until completely blended and smooth. Add the pretzel bits and mix thoroughly. Add the powdered sugar and mix until completely combined. Chill in the freezer until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Shape into balls using 2 teaspoons of dough for each ball (use your fingertips to shape the balls-the mixture is sticky). Place on prepared pan and place in the freezer until firm, at least 15 minutes.
- Melt shortening and chocolate chips together in a metal bowl over a pan of lightly simmering water. Stir occasionally until smooth, and remove from heat.
- Working about 4 balls at a time, dip balls in chocolate using a spoon or a dipping fork and place on a waxed paper lined baking sheet. Keep the undipped balls in the freezer until ready to dip.
- Once you have covered all the balls in chocolate, place in the refrigerator until the chocolate coating is set. Once the coating is set melt the peanut butter chips and drizzle over each truffle. Return to refrigerator until drizzle is set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Yields: About 18 truffles
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour and 20 minutes